Developer | Designer | Entrepreneur
I am an undergraduate student at Hofstra University studying Computer Science, concentrating specifically on Web & Mobile engineering. Outside of school, I am learning more about reactive Android development.
I have two years of web dev experience using frontend and backend technologies such as NodeJS, SocketIO, Cordova, Polymer, Firebase, etc. I am also proficient in UI design and have certifications from Adobe in
In my spare time, I love to attend hackathons such as PennApps, HackPrinceton, [email protected], and TreeHacks. At times, I even host one as well!
I'm always down for a cup of coffee so you can hit me up on my email!
Also, here's my resume.
Software Engineer @ Wayaj
December 2017 - Present
- Developed native Android application utilizing APIs, location services, and third-party SDKs.
- Designed UI mockups (for the aforementioned app) using principles that were adherent to the Material Design guidelines.
- Designed the database architecture as well as setup a ‘serverless’ instance – both on the Google Cloud platform.
Software Engineering Intern @ Port Authority of NY & NJ
June 2017 - September 2017
- Updated legacy VBA code for an engineering application – saving the Agency ~$150k in upgrade costs.
- Designed mockups of various internal applications, focusing on decreasing the number of steps needed to complete an action.
- Upgraded an internal C# application to utilize Windows Active Directory for account authentication instead of regular forms.
- Fixed critical bugs where reports from our SQL database were not printing correctly.
- Drafted, recorded, and produced training videos in addition to onboarding documents for internal applications.
Community Liaison @ Flushing2025
May 2016 - August 2016
- Performed outreach activities with local community leaders and garnered community support.
- Built partnerships with government officials - both on the city and borough level.
- Worked with the in-house design team to create advertising material, templates, and project media kits.
- Collaborated with the engineering team to setup project websites and interactive online content to better fit our outreach strategies.
Founder @ QueensHack
September 2015 - Present
- Founded and directed a team of six undergraduate students to host Queens' first student-run hackathon.
- Designed the entire theme (website, prospectus, flyers, social meta-cards).
- Partnered with a non-profit for fiscal support and to provide tax benefits to our sponsors.
- Secured sponsorships with various companies, both in-kind and monetary.
- Managed a team of 'campus heroes' to market the event and be our point of contact within their respective schools.
Teen-preneur @ Network For Teaching Entrepreneurship
July 2015 - August 2015
- Studied the basics of entrepreneurship at the eight-week GenerationTech program of NFTE.
- Lead a team of teenagers to build a company from scratch, develop a product, pitch it to a panel of judges and then push it to market.
- Developed the mobile application based on my team's research and design wireframes.